Sunday 14 February 2016

My Valentine's Day Experience : Chidinma's Story



How do I start? I have never been one to hold a grudge. I usually forgive easily but this is one story that aches every time I remember. I was a young fresh secondary school graduate when I met Michael; he was a diploma student in my summer coaching school where I was applying for the university. I never really believed in love at first sight and I still don’t so, it was really confusing when I heard him say it. I was a bit of a geek so relationships were not on my agenda at the time but there was something about Michael. He successfully drove away other guys by letting them know I was what he really wanted even when he never told me a word about his feelings.


Initially, I heard it from other guys then a friend of his somehow boosted his moral and he came forward and said it. It took long for me to accept it but I finally did and from that day, things took a turn for the worst. He was either cheating or lying; In fact, he was just a total douche bag but I was young and naive and stupid in love that I always forgave him. I got an admission and things were going great for me in school except the fact that I was still so in love with Michael that as a guy, u couldn’t even make advances because you could sense my hostility from a yard away.

Michael kept up with his ways and it became worse because of the distance. Little by little, I began to lose my cool – Why was I busy being a good girl when he was having fun. My crazy roommates didn’t help my situation one bit. They kept filling my head with ideas. One day, a friend of ours was having a birthday party in a club and for the first time in my life I went to a club. I resolved within myself that I was going to let loose and I did. I met a guy – Steven. He was what we tag the three C’s- cool, calm and collected.

Somehow, we were able to share our experiences and we realized that we were both going through similar situations. We both hit it off immediately. He was great and soon without knowing it, I put Michael on the side line. I never really missed Michael because with Steven I had everything. I guess Michael started noticing the distance and kept complaining until I ended it with him. Michael was shocked, he couldn’t believe that I could move on or to talk of being without him.

The story gets juicy from here: My relationship with Steven blossomed. He met my parents; Nine months into our relationship he was talking marriage and I accepted. All of a sudden, Michael came back seeking forgiveness, which I gladly gave him. We became friends and once in a while he would make comments about wanting to come back which I will ignore. It was during that same period that Steven suddenly started acting strangely. I was shocked at his new behavior.

He was always busy or looking for something to fight about after which we would makeup and he would blame it on stress. This was a guy who owned his company. All this while, Michael kept preaching change and reconciliation but I couldn’t think of it. Feb 14 that year, I decided to use my babe’s phone to call my boo in the spirit of Valentine because my phone had issues and he was out of town but he wasn’t picking up.

I decided to send him a text then it hit me. My boo (Steven) was among my babe’s BBM contacts and he just pinged her. I couldn’t wait to read and I saw everything. He had shared my problems with her, they both sent each other nudes, It was like I became a constant disturbance and she was his joy. Then I saw that they were supposed to meet at a hotel that night and I didn’t know if I should throw the phone away or reply back. I decided to talk to someone else and I could only think of Michael at that moment. I decided to text so he would call back and another shock – he was also on her contact list and their text messages were worse than Steven’s own. Long story short, they all later found that I knew. They begged me for forgiveness and all but it wasn’t the same and since then, I hardly believe in Valentine not to talk of remembering that it should be celebrated.


SOURCE : GREENNEWS.NG 

No comments:

Post a Comment