Sunday 14 February 2016

My Valentine's Day Experience: Anonymous' Story



Valentine’s Day in the year of 2010 will always be on my mind. I had been dating Solomon for some months before that day and everyone thought that we were the perfect couple. He was a very calm and loving guy and even though he was much older than me (11 years older, to be precise), it meant nothing to either of us. We connected really well and the s ex was awesome… In fact, it was almost out of the world. I fell (madly) in love with him so naturally, I began to have dreams and expectations like any other young lady.

I dreamt of getting married to him and becoming his wife. I mean, he was everything that I desired and we were from the same village too. It couldn’t have been any more natural, could it? I didn’t slack in any way to show him that I was the perfect woman for him. I took my time to cook for him at least three times a week (Thank my stars that I’m a very good cook), I was never used to washing clothes since my childhood but I turned into a washing machine for love, I respected his every wish and tried to never argue with him, I kept giving him hints about my marriage preferences like how I didn’t really care for a big wedding.


Now, as Valentine’s day was approaching that year, I began to notice and suspect some signs from him that made me think that he was hinting at a proposal. I mean, he kept asking me specific details about my wedding preferences e.g. my choice for a honeymoon, wedding day etc. In fact, that week, I was convinced that he was going to propose to me. I didn’t know how to contain myself or react within me. All I knew (for sure) was that I had to look my best on the d-day. I mean, I had to represent my family well!

That year, Val’s day was to be on Sunday. I rushed over to Jumoke’s salon on Friday to get my hair done and on Saturday, I basically went to all the boutiques in Kaduna searching for the perfect dress. In fact, it was by the grace of God that the money for the shopping came because I had none. I even had to beg my former sugar daddy for money just to look good for Solomon. Finally, I got the dress and I was ready for the show

That Sunday morning, I just looked casual to go to church. I planned to unveil my stunning look that afternoon. I remember that I almost left church because the sermon was taking too much time but I thank God that I didn’t. I was so excited. Immediately after church service, I rushed home and had a quick bath. I also brushed my mouth thoroughly (expecting plenty kisses and all). I told my mom that I was off for my Valentine’s outing and I told her to expect a special gift from me when I got back (for my mind I don calculate say ring go follow me come back house). She gave me her blessings and I left.

I suddenly remembered that my nails needed to be done… I had to take plenty pictures with the ring and they were going to be posted up on Facebook and all. I called my salon girl, Jumoke… I was willing to pay double for the nails but it turned out that she was out of town. Kai, I almost died of frustration. On a normal day I couldn’t even pick a spoon with artificial nails oh. I rushed over to the market but it was like all the people doing nails planned not to open that Sunday.

After I had failed in all my efforts, I went to over to my lover’s house without doing the nails. When I got there, I saw about four cars parked outside, I entered the sitting room and I found his male friends sitting and chilling with each other. They all hailed my dress. I felt on top of the world and I told myself he had invited his friends to witness the proposal. I entered the kitchen as a wife-to-be and I cooked three different meals for his guys (to earn extra points, of course). They were all so happy with the meals and I got compliment after compliment.

When all that was done, I went into his room to take a bath and he came around. We made love and all but I was half-interested in all of that… I was just waiting for my ring. I took a bath after and I refreshed my makeup. On getting to the sitting room, I saw that all his guys were gone. At that moment it was becoming clear to me that there was no ring. To say that my heart was breaking is an understatement. I stayed with him a while then, I informed him that I was going home and he offered to drop me off.


When we got to my house, there was still no ring. I got down and after he left, I just dropped my bag and trekked to church to get the last-minute blessing of the evening service. Kai, That thing made me feel rough for a long time. I had to buy something for my mom that evening and I claimed that it was the special gift I promised her.


SOURCE : GREENNEWS.NG 

1 comment: